Citizens Development Center (CDC) is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization in Dallas, Texas that exists to empower men and women with disabilities to achieve their highest level of independence and employment.
Our programs focus on vocational training and employment support for adults (ages 18 and above) with intellectual, physical and/or mental health disabilities. The type and severity of disabilities our clients (people benefiting from our programs) have varies greatly, but the majority of clients are referred to us because their disability presents challenges to finding and keeping stable employment.
Learn more about our two primary programs and the enrollment process by clicking the links below.
If you are looking for information about our programs, but are not interested in enrollment, please visit the About Us page. CLICK HERE
Work Center Program
Our Work Center Program provides on-site vocational training and rehabilitation. Our clients receive work experience through fulfillment or assembly projects at our facility.More about our Work Center Program
Employment Placement Program
For adults with disabilities who choose to work in the community, we offer hands-on employment placement services. Citizens Development Center is a Ticket to Work employment network service provider.More about our Employment Placement Program
What our Families are Saying
- My sister absolutely loved it there. My family is so very grateful to CDC and all that is has done for our sweetheart!Sister of a Former Client
- We feel secure and confident that our adult child is in a safe, productive place which encourages her sense of accomplishment and builds social skills and ability to work with others.Work Center Program Client's Parents
- Thank you for treating each person with respect. My daughter is so happy here.Work Center Program Client's Parents
- We could not ask for a better experience for our son and look forward to many more years for him to work and learn and have good friends through this organization.Newly Enrolled Work Center Program Client's Parent
- I have the highest respect, regard and thankfulness for CDC. They have made an incredible difference in my son.Parent of a CDC Client